Please join your colleagues and partners in a special call with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to discuss CDC’s ongoing efforts to respond to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
West Africa Ebola Outbreak: Updates for the Private Sector
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT
USA Toll Free: 1-888-426-8928
Verbal Passcode: Ebola
Please share this invitation widely with your colleagues and partners. Announcement Private Sector Outreach Call
Speaker: Dr. Kashef Ijaz, MD, MPH is the Principal Deputy Director for the Division of Global Health Protection in the CDC’s Center for Global Health. Dr. Ijaz will provide an update on the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, recent developments in the United States, and answer questions addressing private sector concerns and support.
We anticipate a large number of interested participants due to the high demand for information. We recommend calling in at least 15 minutes early to ensure ample time for participants to be connected to the call. If multiple people from your organization plan to call in, please consider participating as a group and using a single phone line to join the call. This will help us accommodate the demand on our limited phone lines, and allow more organizations to participate.
In an effort to answer as many of your questions as possible, please email your questions ahead of time to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “10/23 Private Sector Ebola Call.” You may also contact CDC at 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) any time with questions about Ebola or other health questions.
How to Join and Participate in the Call:
- Dial (888)426-8928 if you are calling from the United States, or +1-773-756-4798 for international participants. You will be greeted by a Live Operator.
- Please say the verbal passcode “Ebola” to the Operator upon request.
- The operator will request limited information from you for a Participant List so that we can keep track of our meeting participants.
- You will then be placed in a “Listen Mode” until the meeting starts.
- Near the end of the scheduled meeting time, a question and answer period will be available; dial (*1) to be identified with a question/comment.
- We encourage you to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the call. Please use the subject line “10/23 Private Sector Ebola Call.”
- If you need further Operator assistance is needed during the call, dial (*0)