- Get CERT trained in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization and disaster medical operations.
- Get trained in CPR and basic first aid and volunteer to help mass care and sheltering operations at your local American Red Cross Chapter.
- Find veteran volunteer opportunities through Veterans Active in Citizens Corps.
- Get trained and volunteer with Medical Reserve Corps to provide support during a public health emergency.
- Support community safety and security by getting trained and involved in Neighborhood Watch and Volunteers in Police Service.
- Find a volunteer opportunity with a Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD).
- Volunteer to support local fire departments through Fire Corps.
- Citizens Corps: The mission of Citizen Corps is to harness the power of every individual through education, training, and volunteer service to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues, and disasters of all kinds.